Thursday, April 16, 2009

Welcome to my blog "Notes from a CPA!"

Dear reader of this blog post,

Greetings! My name is Timothy Lark. I am a Certified Public Accountant and author of this blog.

It is now April 16th and we all know what that means... yep, tax season is over. For most of us this means that the stress has passed and relaxation is on the horizon. For us CPAs the stress has passed as well. But unlike you, rather than experience relaxation we experience crippling depression mixed with poverty and that oh so empty feeling that what we do is entirely meaningless in the world and why oh why didn't we become lawyers like our parents told us to.

But I digress.

I'm starting up this blog to make it very clear to you that we are in fact still relevant. Rather than ball up in a corner for the next eight months I was hoping to help you through these tax free months by always reminding you that every single thing you ever do has consequences down the road when it comes time to file. I'm hear to be that constant reminder to save and file your receipts, or else your 1040 will be ever so hard to defend in case of an audit. And yes I'm hear to remind you that you all have the opportunity to be audited. Think you're out of tax season? Haha. Not yet. There's always a reason to stress about the government.

So, let me help guide you through the next eight months. I, Timothy Lark, promise to be your guiding, and possibly entertaining, light throughout these empty months.

Unless you forgot to file, in which case please send me documents and I will file for an extension on your return and feel I have some sort of purpose.

Sincerely,

Timothy Lark, CPA

No comments:

Post a Comment