Thursday, April 16, 2009

A note about what a CPA does from April-January.

Dear reader of this blog post,

Greetings! My name is Timothy Lark. I am a Certified Public Accountant and author of this blog.

I have received numerous notes and comments about this blog. I have compiled a list of a few that display the common ideals behind them:
  1. "Get lost"
  2. "Get a life"
  3. "Really? REALLY?!!!!!"
  4. "Dear Timothy Lark, what do you do between April and January?"
Excellent comments and questions. And it seems that I can answer numbers 2-4 all in one fell swoop. And for number one, I haven't yet seen that show but just net flixed it so I should be seeing it soon. I hear its lord of the flies and sci-fi. Exciting.

But to address the more pertinent question, I do have a life between April and January. Yes. Really, I do. When not doing taxes my job consists of the following very useful tasks:
  1. File extensions
  2. File not for profit returns
  3. Deal with government audits
  4. Consistently cry
  5. Help manage expense reports for select clients.
And I guess that this year I'll be able to add number 6, helping remind all you out there that taxes are always hovering over you.

Sincerely,

Timothy Lark, CPA

No comments:

Post a Comment